Transfer JV Information
Transfer JVs entered by the OST appear under GL 7140 – Journal Vouchers in Process. They are used to transfer funds between agencies and between treasury and/or treasury trust accounts. Interfund Transfer (IFT) and Inter-Agency Payment (IAP) transaction codes automatically generate the OST transactions. Hard copies should not be sent to the Treasurer’s Office for processing.
The following information must be included on transfer JVs sent to the OST:
- Agency name
- Document Number (up to 8 characters)
- Agency Number(s)
- Major Group/Major Source (if applicable)
Debits and Credits
- Amounts (Debits must equal Credits)
JVs that do not contain all of the above information will be sent back to the originating agency.
Note: The OST requires fund summaries for transfer JVs containing more than six lines of coding.
When sending a JV to the OST, please mail, fax OR email only one document to avoid duplicate entries. Daily cut off is 3:00 p.m.
Campus mail stop: 40209
Fax with OST approval to: (360) 586-6890
Email to: TransferJV@tre.wa.gov
Please make sure the following criteria have been met before submitting JVs via email:
- ✓Send only one JV per e-mail
- ✓Include the appropriate “prepared by” information and approval signature
- ✓The JV is a scanned copy of the original (no excel or toolbox spreadsheets)
- ✓The document number is displayed in the subject line of your email